BV Chester Selections - May 8th 2019

Find out about the latest drifters and steamers in the gee gees here.

BV Chester Selections - May 8th 2019

Postby BettorValue » Wed May 08, 2019 12:22 pm

As promised, here are my selections for Chester today. I have skipped the first race as 2yo's aren't my thing, but we have a nice spread of prices across the other races and hopefully we end the day up.

Chester 2.25

The winner of this race will almost certainly come from the front of the market and my money is on Fanny Logan. Gosden has 2 runners in the race and I don't believe this one is the 2nd string necessarily. The 13/2 looks a good price and I am on it. The other one I like at slightly bigger odds to hit the frame is Vivid Diamond at around 12/1 to hit the frame as an e/w selection.

Selection: Fanny Logan
Next Best: Vivid Diamond

Chester 15:00

I am siding with Angel Alexander in this race. A low draw and early speed horse who likes to run prominently is ideal for this distance. The price is a bit short at around 7/2 but it stands out and I am on this one. At a bigger price, one that could hit the frame at generous odds is Dave Dexter, currently priced at anything from 9/1 - 12/1 depending on the bookmaker you choose.

Selection: Angel Alexander
Next Best: Dave Dexter

Chester 15:35
There is a lot of value in Arthur Kitt for this race at around 16/1. I think it should be half that price myself and there's a lot to like. Likes to race prominently, winner at the distance, race fit, trainer doing well, good breeding stats and decent speed figures. I am on this one as the selection. the other one I like is Technician at around 3/1.

Selection: Arthur Kitt
Next Best: Technician

Chester 16:05

I cannot have the favorite in this, so I am on Damon Runyon at around 13/2 for this race. There is a lot to like. I am going to throw in one at a big price here also to cause an upset - Guandi, a Tom Dascombe trained horse. Hasn't shown much, but the 5th last time out has a decent enough speed rating to suggest that maybe there's enough there to spring a surprise if today is the day and the 40/1 currently on offer is to tempting to pass up on.

Selection: Damon Runyon
Next Best: Guandi

Chester 16:35

I like Wild Edric for this at the price, there's a lot of positives and I think 7/2, with a decent draw and speed figures looks pretty good. Has the ability and pace to race prominently and could be in with a good shout here in an interesting race. For the next best I am going with Quiet Endeavour from the Archie Watson stable. The yard are doing well, lightly raced, distance and ground winner, and if he can reproduce the speed figure from his last run and race prominently with it, then from stall 7 we are going to get a good run for our money at around 20/1.

Selection: Wild Edric
Next Best: Quiet Endeavour

Chester 17:05

This is the trickiest race of the day for me. I like Gossipping, but not sure of the yard at present and the price is a bit skinny. Queens Sargent looks OK, but not overly taken by it. I am going with Air Raid in this race. I think at 11/2 this one doesn't have to many miles on the clock, has won on the ground, and while not a distance winner it should be ok. One that's open to improvement at 4yo. For the next best I like 2 for the 'get out of jail' stakes... Richard Fahey's Penwortham at 25/1 and Gay Kelleway's Robero at the same price of 25/1.

Selection: Air Raid
Next Best: Penwortham, Robero
BettorValue

Return to Horse Racing