The 'getting to know each other' thread!

Chat and ponder about some of the other great things in life.

The 'getting to know each other' thread!

Postby Arwel » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:57 pm

I was reading some of the comments earlier on, and it was nice to see a 'human' side to you guys! Big Al's been married for 70 years, Woodie's real name is Tracy, etc. Whenever I see a post from Superted for example, I think of the cartoon bear tapping away at his laptop, or Big Al I think of Big Gay Al from South Park (sorry Al!). So I thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread to introduce ourselves.

I'll start then. My name is Arwel, I'm 35 years old, and live with my partner and our 11 month old son, Noah, on Anglesey in North Wales. I am a fluent Welsh speaker.

I got into gambling around five years ago, when a serious back injury resulted in me having to give up my day job. I now make a living from gambling, mainly through bonus bagging, arbing, and of course using the awesome tips on here! My biggest ever win was £15k from a jammy Lucky15 around four years ago.
Arwel

Re: The 'getting to know each other' thread!

Postby Big Jase » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 pm

This is an interesting post and i am game into letting you know

I am 33 years old live with my partner with 2 boys and another child on the way. I have a neck injury which made me give up manual work (Timber Yard Miller) and as i have always worked went straight into another job working for the enemy (Bookmakers) in a shop but seriously considering giving that up now due to further neck problems and to look after my Children.

I am on the forum as Big Jase due to being a ex tighthead prop and my tipping name is dartinggreyhound

Big Jase

Postby Benaldo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi Ben here, 33, from essex. Newbie. Discovered the site in Jan and monitored tip progress was impressed with some of the returns so started having a dabble in some of the tips. Still not sure if I'm doing it right coz I've only got one betting account and the odds are always lower! It hasn't taken me long to realise how crucial the odds are when trying to make a profit.

Not really gambled before but I'm a stats head and I've always thought there must be ways and means to outwit a bookmaker sometimes - they can't ALWAYS give an accurate reflection of a winning chance, that's why I'm fascinated by BV's recent posts and the Holy Grail.

not brave enough to be a tipster yet (don't want to drop the standards!) but I'm a big NFL fan so maybe ill give it a go then. Also like poker (stats again) but with a wife, two kids and a dog to keep happy I don't get the time! So this is providing my gambling fix for now!

Benaldo

Postby Mully » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm Steve, 42, no kids (not that I know of).
Big fan of National Hunt racing. Been to the Grand National meeting for 22 consecutive years. To be fair I love all forms of racing- even those little trotters.
Women never seem fond of gambling so never had a real "long-term" relationship. Just need to find one who loves racing :P

Mully

Postby Tracy2014 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 am

Hi all,
I'm Tracy (was Woodie lol). I am a single mum to a 17 year old lad. I have been betting on the horses since my first Grand National bet in 2008 and since then I have been hooked! I found this site late last year and find it very informative and has taught me how to get better value when betting. It is also nice to be a little part of a community.
I used to work as a postie but only on a rolling temporary contract and had to leave due to illness. It has been difficult adjusting my betting habits to fit in with my new and unfortunate financial circumstances but I bet for fun though mainly and it's very rare I would place a bet for more than a pound anyway lol!!!
When I am not logged into this site (never !) I am out walking with my lovely dog, Leo, a 7 year old pedigree mongrel haha. I live in a gloomy dump called Rochdale and dream of one day escaping to a beach hut in Bali..... I think I need to start doing the lottery!
It's been lovely meeting everybody and everyone has been so friendly and welcoming. I hope this site stays around for a long time to come because it has become a regular part of my life. Cheers everyone!
Tracy2014

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:45 pm

Great call Arwel. It has indeed been great hearing a bit about some of the site's regulars and creating that human feel.

I am Brian from Nottingham (no prizes for guessing that), I'm 32 and live with my wife, pet labradoodle Flori and 2 cats. As you may have read on the TipsterTable area, we're expecting our first baby in a matter of days which is very exciting for us!

I have always enjoyed a bet but got particularly obsessed when I discovered betfair. I started with football, moved on to tennis and more recently racing too. About 2 and a half years ago I thought it would be good to have a page of useful website/tools on one web page that people might find helpful. I then got a bit ambitious and thought I would try and add to it and create one of the best betting sites on the internet!

It took absolutely ages to get anybody to use/visit it and has been much harder work than I imagined. I felt like giving up several times but with the help of all of you, I finally feel like the site is a success. A site is nothing without people in my opinion and I'm really happy that we now have great bunch of people on here. Big Al and STB in particular have been around for such a long time now and I think Steve aka Mulldog aka Lowerleague was one of the very first tipsters. In fact, Steve aren't you from Rochdale too?!!

I am no doubt going to be very busy over the coming months and I was concerned it'd be a struggle to make sure the site runs smoothly but now with some very kind help I'm confident the show will go on!

I'm slowing building up images of people and I'm trying to imagine us all at the races... a right random bunch we'd be I'm sure :lol:
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Rhinoceros1980 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:09 am

My name is susan im 55 years old and love younger men. I especially like ones that lose a lot of money gambling

Rhinoceros1980

Postby Mully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:52 pm

I'm from Rochdale too and my own dog is called Leo, he's a 9yo Standard Poodle :lol:

Mully

Postby Tracy2014 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:08 pm

No way Mully. Really??? I think Brian said Lowerleague might be from Rochdale too.
Tracy2014

Postby Tracy2014 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Ohhh, You are Lowerleague? lol
Tracy2014

Next

Return to Aftertimer's Arms