The 'getting to know each other' thread!

Chat and ponder about some of the other great things in life.

Re: The 'getting to know each other' thread!

Postby Mully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Woodie1000 wrote:Ohhh, You are Lowerleague? lol
I've sent you a PM :geek:

Mully

Postby Sargent M » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Like Brian I'm also from Nottingham, I'm 34 years old, have no children and have been single and living on my own for the last couple of years now. My first racing memories are visiting my Grandad and watching the results come through on teletext, long before the days of racing channels or racing apps, started betting pretty much as soon as I could get away with looking old enough in the bookies sort of coincided with my first visits to the pub. But was always allowed to pick a couple of horses on national day right from being a child my parents gave me any winnings even though the the stakes come from their pockets. Not fortunate enough to win enough money to stop working yet, or unfortunate enough to have to quit through injury or illness, which is why most of posts are early morning, evening or at weekends. Joined a syndicate in the early 2000's and had a small stake in 3 horses before leaving the syndicate as the money was needed more in other aspects of my life. Have always managed to keep a few pounds to the side to bet with at weekends. Only discovered this site around a month ago, always enjoy checking in and find it very useful.
"Lochsong - she's like Linford Christie ... without the lunchbox."
Frankie Dettori (1994)

Sargent M

Postby Mickyboy60 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 am

Hello every one I am 55 years young and have been a racing fan since I was 16 I suppose my first memory of horse racing was the 1966 derby my grandad used to sell papers in the grandstand after he sold out we would go to free part of the course to join the riff raff his words not mine .and most Saturdays would watch the racing on tv and for every Winner he would give me a penny 1966 remember that's when a penny was actually worth having very happy days . Then fast forward to starting work and meeting my Forman a Spanish man called Fernando who was a betting man and got me hooked on dog racing every Friday after work white city dogs and I never lost once ( gods way of getting you hooked) married 1979 to my sweetheart Debbie who still is my sweetheart We met at 13 at the youth club were we we're living. I think she loved me then as I had a bay city roller album which I gave her putty in my hands ever since. My wife unfortunately in the middle eighties got cancer went through treatment and got the all clear however came back a few years later and had to have more treatment and beat the big c again then in the year 2009 got breast cancer and lost her breasts I have never met a woman stronger.she is totally Clear now of cancer and all is good with our life Hope this little snipet of my life is of interest to someone addios amigos Mick the tip

Mickyboy60

Postby Brian » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:06 am

Good to hear a bit about the famous MT! Sounds like you and Mrs MT have been through the Mill but good to hear you're both well and stronger for it. Thanks for sharing.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Mickyboy60 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:00 pm

I feel I must mention my three children one boy Ricky 1980. Another boy Danny 1982 and my little princess Cassandra 1987 who have made me very proud all through my life and to this day and I have a grandson son of my daughter jake who I must say changed my life he is eight and a ray of sunshine cheers me up every day no matter what I didn't know you could love someone so much I suppose it comes with age any way there's another snipet of my life M

Mickyboy60

Postby kittrad » Sun May 31, 2015 3:16 pm

You must be very proud Micky! :)
One bet at a time. Image

kittrad

Postby Mickyboy60 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:55 pm

with the exception of our lovelly tracy. The fine figure of a man big al and of course Brian clough no one has a picture of them selves i say go one step further with the getting to no you thread so we can all see who were talking too instead of having pictures of giant teddy bears hungary wolves eagles etc etc if a couple of pics go up im sure others will follow including me so lets give it a go or do most people think its to intrusive ?? M

Mickyboy60

Postby Brian » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Another good shout Mick. I think it's time I put a proper one up myself to be honest as much of a legend as Cloughy is.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Tracy2014 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 pm

I don't think it's intrusive at all Mick. I'd love to know what everybody looks like. Some people won't want to put their real pics on though and I understand that. Brian looks absolutely nothing like I imagined. I think I remember him having a joke with Jack about making someone fat look thin a while back so in my mind, I had a Johnny Vegas lookalikey hahaha! It's nice to see that the true 'Brian' is much more easy on the eye! It's amazing how we build up pictures in our mind of what people look like without ever having seen them and I love to see if I was right or not.
Tracy2014

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks Tracy but as my daughter gets older and parenting tougher, I'm not ruling out a Johnny Vegas-style phase at some point! :lol:
Brian
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Aftertimer's Arms