I'm a Celebrity 2020

Chat and ponder about some of the other great things in life.

I'm a Celebrity 2020

Postby Brian » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:29 am

I'm a Celebrity is one of the few reality TV shows I can stomach. This year it takes place at the historic Gwyrch Castle in North Wales because of that damn COVID-19.

When I saw the line up I immediately thought I'd want to back Giovanna Fletcher. She's the wife of McFly member Tom Fletcher and presents various kids TV shows. She's very likeable but the market agrees with my thinking and makes her joint favourite. Still, odds of 4/1 are ok and I've happily taken that. The other joint favs at this price are Radio 1 DJ Jordan North, who should do well and Shane Ritchie (WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO?) who I think called fall out or annoy another camp mate.

There may be some surprises but for other outright picks and evictions, I am going to wait for the action to start.

Here are the 2020 I'm A Celebrity Odds (11-Nov-2020)
Jordan North - 5.0
Shane Richie - 5.0
Giovanna Fletcher -5.0
Mo Farah - 7.5
Vernon Kay - 8.5
AJ Pritchard - 13.0
Jessica Plummer - 15.0
Hollie Arnold - 21.0
Beverley Callard - 34.0
Ruthie Henshall - 41.0
Victoria Derbyshire 41.0
Russell Watson - 41.0
Brian
Site Admin

Re: I'm a Celebrity 2020

Postby Brian » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:48 pm

So, opening night has taken place and my only thoughts so far are that Jordan North is a bit of a wimp and Shane Ritchie is as annoying as expected. His jokes are rubbish and I'm not sure how he's joint favourite tbh. He may have a loyal following from Eastenders but I'm not having him winning this.

Mo Farah came across better than expected and even though he's a bigger price than Ritchie, I think he stands a better chance.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:51 pm

Giovanna Fletcher didn't get much air time last night and I'm a bit concerned this could be a problem going forward. She's drifted out to 7.0. Shane Ritchie and Jordan North are doing the task tonight so they are going to get more air time. Shane Ritchie is now sole fave at 3.5 and I'm not having that at all. I could be reading it all wrong but I think he's a lay at that price.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Have a feeling I should have gone for Jordan North instead of Giovanna. I'm liking him more now after the snake task. He's still available at 4.0 though so I'm going to back him and leave it at those 2 bets. It's still so early so I may have jumped the gun but gonna stick my neck out here.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:44 pm

Jordan North going from strength to strength and in to 2.5 or less with most books now.
Shane Ritchie has drifted into second fave.
Still early days of course but happy with my 2 bets whatever the outcome.
Brian
Site Admin

Return to Aftertimer's Arms