My Laying System

For all systems and staking type talk, hopefully fuelling debate and interesting discussion.

My Laying System

Postby Brian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I’d let you know about a new laying strategy of mine that is working well so far. It’s nothing revolutionary merely common sense but there are a couple of rules and a mental state that goes along with it. This site has shown that most of the value lies on underdogs so I’ve set about laying regular bets almost on autopilot.

The sports I’m doing this for are horse racing, football and tennis and the main rule is to ask the question is the opposition of sufficient quality to beat this heavy favourite. Obviously any selection can lose on an off day but even if the fav gave a good account could it still be beaten by the opposition? The bets are largely pre-match ones but I do take an in play lay too if I come across it.

There are odds ranges that I’m working within for each sport and where based on my own findings and Tipster Table evidence that ha shown where the most value lies.

Tennis - odds must be 1.3 or lower
Football - odds must be 1.5 or lower
Horse Racing - odds must be 4.5 or lower

So far I’ve made a small deposit of £50 to try this and grown it to over £300 at fairly sensible stakes. Two notable winners were Barcelona who were 1.2 against Bilbao in the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup. I also layed them again at 1-0 up (went on to draw) and Monfils against Jerzy Janowicz who lost in straight sets priced 1.3.

The hardest thing I’m finding is seeing a selection go massively in my favour and being tempted to cash out but long term this a no go because I don’t have time to apply this effort to every bet and letting them run makes most sense. It’s therefore a good idea to bet and forget and not think too much about your balance. It will have periods of small regular decay but all of a sudden, BANG! Your bank has reached a new high :D

This stuff is separate from the Holy Grail stuff that I’m involved in and I may start to keep you updated with my progress if it continues to go well.

Cheers
Brian
Brian
Site Admin

Re: My Laying System

Postby Brian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:52 pm

...and no I didn't lay Golden Horn dammit. Perhaps I should've but I usually like to see either a slightly bigger field or shorter distance for prices this short on the horses. Missed out on that one!
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:49 pm

Wow, I seem to have hit a hot streak in the tennis but I broke the rules and it could have been so much better.

After just missing out on a big win laying Djokovic against Goffin who was a double break up in the third set before losing 6 games straight, I layed Sloane Stephens a set and a break up against Ana Ivanovic who fought back and easily won the deciding set.

BUT, I also layed Ksenia Pervak against Kiki Bertens in play (also a set and break up) and decided to trade out after believing Pervak would see the match through and made next to nothing. She lost!

AND I also layed Victoria Azarenka pre-match against Pavlyuchenkova but watched the match and decided to take a small loss with Azarenka looking very dominant in the first set (won it 6-1 too). She lost the first 3 games of the second set however and retired through injury! Another winner missed :x

New bank is £340 but should have been nearly another £100 on top of that. Everything I choose is either getting turned over or very nearly so. It can't possibly continue quite so well but this strategy looks a good one. Horses have been stale the last 2 days and I've about broken even but I'll take that tbh as I know there'll be better days.

Note to self DO NOT TRADE OUT!!!
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Done it again.... decided that Murray and Nadal could both easily lose to Dimitrov and Lopez respectively. Murray lost the first set but went on to win but Nadal lost in 3 sets! Neither were massively shot at the system limit of 1.3 but they should have been selections. Again I let my emotion over rule the system.

It's funny when you get so many right in a row you think you can be right again but it happens. The more you can bet without thinking and take emotion out of it the better.

Still, feels much better regretting not placing a bet than it does regretting placing one :lol:
Brian
Site Admin

Return to Systems and Staking