Stock Market Investments

For discussion and help about trading and investing on the stock market.

Stock Market Investments

Postby Brian » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Ok, so I've renamed this forum to 'Trading and Investments' to hopefully get some stock market discussions going. ..

I am about to re-activate my account at www.iii.co.uk unless you anyone can recommend something better to get started with a virtual portfolio and then progress to a real one?

I've been told to stay away from volatile stocks such as AIMs but that's about all I know at the minute. I am still young-ish at 32 so should be taking a little risk however I believe!

I've also read the Naked Trader's excellent book years ago and will revisit that... I might consider going on one of his courses actually.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Stock Market Investments

Postby BettorValue » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Excellent mate. Let me know if you do decide to go on one of his courses as could be up for that myself. Heard a lot of good things about the course, and always fancied attending.
BettorValue

Re: Stock Market Investments

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Decided to create a yahoo portfolio because I read some poor reviews on www.iii.co.uk.
I want to invest in google but found two options GOOG and GOOGL! Any ideas why there are two BV?

I also came across this site the otehr day: https://footballindex.co.uk/. It''s basically a trading platform for buying and selling 'futures' in football players. So if you buy a player and they play well, their value increases you can sell them for more than you bought.

I think this is a good idea but could be better suited to tennis and maybe horse racing too where there are official ranking/rating systems and value is less subjective?
Brian
Site Admin

Return to Trading and Investing