Value Finder Spreadsheet

Discuss all football from Premier League to US soccer here.

Value Finder Spreadsheet

Postby geevee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi
Just getting into football betting -done the nags for years but feel that football might be a bit less stressful and time consuming (Ha!) as I get a bit older.
Have used your excellent site and tools quite a bit as am more interested in a mathematical approach than form based - sound very grand - but isn't . Just enjoy playing around with various stats and seeing what happens.
Have just downloaded the value finder spreadsheet and am a bit confused as to the headers of the various columns :Cells E12 &F12 both show draw % - obviously one is "away %" but which ?
Also cells I12 & J12 are clearly marked D odds and A odds but if you hover the cursor over them the opposite instruction appears in a little box.
It looks a really useful tool so any advice you could give would be much appreciated as I'm very much looking forward to using it.
Apologies if you've dealt with this query before . Is there a mistake or is old age creeping up faster than I thought ?
Many thanks
Geevee

geevee

Re: Value Finder Spreadsheet

Postby Brian » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi Geevee, welcome to the site and thanks for your interest in the value finder spread sheet.

I managed to show a profit for 2 seasons running using this spreadsheet and it definitely stops you from being biased and piling into short priced favourites that's for sure.

Originally the draw and away odds were displayed differently to oddschecker and I was asked to change but I think I must have forgot to change the headings and comments. We also went on to use a different version of the sheet but I have no put an updated version in the location you have been using.

This is here in case anyone is wondering: Value Finder Spreadsheet

Let us know how you get on and any more questions please let me know.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby geevee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi Brian
Thanks for the welcome and many thanks for the prompt reply.
I've downloaded the new one - as I said , looking forward to using it
Will let you know how I go

Cheers mate
geevee

geevee

Postby MJH » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 pm

I have been giving this spreadsheet a go today and just for a laugh also tried the Welsh Premier League fixture from tonight.

Despite TNS been unbeaten this year and winning the championship for the last x years whilst losing at least 2 games, their last few games may hold some value. I ran for tobnights game using their stats from the last 4 years, the last 3 years, and against tonight's opponent (Sadly they are at home), with the draw chosen when 7.0 (odds at time) down to 5.6 before reverting to the Away win (odds at time 15) I see these odds are now w1.2 (unchanged) D 7.5 A 17 with coral. Also the DC is 5.5 with BV.

An unlikely punt but thought I'd post for any thoughts ?

MJH

Postby Brian » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Always tricky with such huge favourites on less competitive leagues MJH. If there is any value to be had though, I agree it will almost certainly be on the draw/away.

TNS have won 22 out of 28 but the remaining 6 makes up 21% of matches... so odds of 5.5 on the double chance which equates to 18% looks like it may be of value.

After yesterday's heroic tip on Iran, I won't be doubting you so good luck if you go for it.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Newtown were 2-0 up at half time! Definitely think you got it right again despite the eventual 4-2 loss. Well done.
Brian
Site Admin

Return to Football, Tennis and other sports