Tipping time restrictions

Please have a read of the rules of the board before posting and feel frre to submit your siggestions.

Tipping time restrictions

Postby Brian » Mon May 08, 2017 7:42 pm

I've been looking at ways to further improve the profitability of the tips on the board and also make them easier for people to follow and a few things have stood out to me.

The main one being that tipping earlier is more likely to produce greater profits.

I am therefore proposing a tip cut off time of 1pm for racing. It wouldn't actually affect too many people/tips because most tips come in before this time anyway.

It's a known fact that as you get closer to the off the odds become more accurate due to wisdom of the cords and bookies adjusting the odds based on what's been wagered.

I've also checked the stats and 87% of all profits come from tips made prior to 1pm on race day.

Looking at a specific example, all of Dynamite's profits come prior to 1pm and 200 of his 800 tips placed after this time haven't brought him any extra returns.

I can get the stats for any individual tipster and if you'd like them let me know.

Knowing that there will be no tips after a certain point will also help followers in that it would free up time for people and prevent them from missing winners.

The only issue that's been brought up so far is that the odds on evening races are pretty poor at mid-day. So, I propose a cut off time of 5pm for the evening races.

To further make it easier to follow tips and get your bets placed I think summary email alerts at key times of the day containing tips from all the tipsters you follow is a good idea.

At the moment I'm thinking 8am, 1pm, 5pm and 9pm for the tip summary emails.

Even for those with little time, placing bets at 2 or more of these key times, together with the cut off times should give followers a good chance of getting on at as close to the advised odds as possible, whilst making it simple to follow.

If anyone has any further feedback or concerns please let me know. Perhaps the times could be tweaked slightly so I'm after feedback for those especially.

Cheers
Brian
Brian
Site Admin

Tipping reforms.

Postby Dynamite21 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:47 am

I would like to see you DO! SuperTed.

Dynamite21

Re: Tipping time restrictions

Postby Brian » Tue May 09, 2017 9:22 am

Superted is one of the few who is performing bettter with his later tips.

144.50 in profit from 651 tips
-353.00 from his 445 tips posted prior to 1pm

-203.00 from 396 tips for races that start before 6pm.

Needs further thought and feedback from subscribers I think.
Brian
Site Admin

Return to Board Rules, Announcements and Suggestions