More tipster analysis

Please have a read of the rules of the board before posting and feel frre to submit your siggestions.

More tipster analysis

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:11 pm

For quite some time I've been storing some of the race types handicaps, maiden etc and number of runners for everyone's tips in the database and I can start showing some of this data soon if people think it would be helpful or interesting enough.

I'm unsure how to group number of runners and it would be great to hear some ideas.

Let me know your thoughts.
Brian
Brian
Site Admin

Re: More tipster analysis

Postby Dynamite21 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi Brian

I'm unsure why number of runners is all that important.

1. course band (A to E)
2. class of race (1 to 7)
3. sp of the Favourite (this could indicate the tightness of the contest)
4. etc...

...may offer more interesting output reports.

D21 8-)

Dynamite21

Postby pointage » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Brian,

Number of runners could be broken down 2-3, 4-7, 8-10, 11-13 and anything above? There must be a ''golden field'' number that all at the site hit more winners in than other field sizes.

An example of this is probably shown during the recent festivals where the total table returns for those races seemed to be reduced across the table. From memory I don't think we posted winner to the tipping table on a festival race during either festival. We would be very interested to see the race data vs field size as it will be quite revealing hopefully!

Looking forward to the output we are.

Pointage and Puntage

pointage

Postby Brian » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm not sure I can get the kind of info you list there Dynamite, not very easily anyway.

Like you say Chris I think there could be a point whereby backing horses in races above a certain amounts of runners doesn't yield good long term returns for the board as a whole. Who knows what this figure could be and perhaps the findings might not be what we expect but it'll certainly be very interesting to crunch the numbers!

Unfortunately, I realised a week or so ago that I've only been recording this info for the market movers but I updated it to everyone's tips last week. So it will take a bit longer to get some meaningful data but we will have some soon at least.
Brian
Site Admin

Return to Board Rules, Announcements and Suggestions