Suggestions.

Please have a read of the rules of the board before posting and feel frre to submit your siggestions.

Suggestions.

Postby Dynamite21 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:40 am

Hi everyone

i think it would be useful to be able to see YESTERDAY's tips, to review at a glance who had a good day. A sort of daily appraisal. Also i often kick myself for not backing a horse and i would be interested to know if it was TIPPED on this site. This would elevate this tipster's status in my estimation. 8-)

"WHO KNEW !!!"
Last edited by Dynamite21 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dynamite21

Re: Suggestions.

Postby Brian » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:38 am

Great suggestions this Dynamite and had thought this myself tbh.

I have updated the results page to show yesterday as well and please let me know if anyone thinks it would be helpful to go back further. The last 7 days even?

Cheers
Brian
Brian
Site Admin

Suggestions.

Postby Dynamite21 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:05 am

Brian i noticed that you said...

"The settling of tips has become very difficult for me to keep on top of recently so I've had to drastically cut the number of tipsters on the site. Apologies that I've not been able to email you all but there's just too many."

Since Tracy left the site is less UP TO DATE, and some of the tipster content has been pruned. My feedback is that this effects the immediacy of the website and it's pulling power.

With the intention of improving things, may i ask>>>
"How is the settling done at the moment?".

8-) D21

Dynamite21

Postby Brian » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:09 am

Tips are settled by me currently. I am looking at ways to automate this so it can be kept uptodate better.
Brian
Site Admin

Suggestions.

Postby Dynamite21 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Brian

Yeah i guessed you were doing the settling, i was just curious what was involved in this process.

Also what would your WISHLIST automated settling... pseudocode look like. :idea: (first draft)
(i am into this type of thing)

An alternative approach would be to let everyone settle their own bets. There are plenty of people on here who are ALL OVER the racing results who could MONITOR the accuracy. Anyone telling porkies would be named&shamed.

8-) D21

Dynamite21

Postby Brian » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks for the suggestion Dynamite it's a good idea. Settling losers are easy but it's the each way rules and reductions on winners that make it complicated. I think some would find this too difficult and time consuming.

I will see what I cam muster up in terms of automation but if that fails then maybe a couple of people might be able to help out.

For the automation stuff it juts needs to be able to know whether it was a winner or loser, know the each way rules, what the industry SP was and somehow calculate those annoying deductions :s

I suppose it could be made simpler by settling everything at start price if there were deductions but that's obviously not ideal.
Brian
Site Admin

Suggestions.

Postby Dynamite21 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Losers don't need settling, every bet is a loser unless amended by winning details.
else NR=void

Let me know what you come up with in terms of automation, i may be able to help.

We need some "to and fro" discussion in this forum. We will definitely end up with more
than the sum of it's parts. Blogs are fine but no real advancements come out of them.

8-) D21

Dynamite21

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Ok so having looked into it, automation isalmost impossible for horse racing. There are various places that have some info but not all and they're not always up to date and accurate.

HOWEVER (I like this occasional capitalising of words Dynamite and I think I might ADOPT it myself now :lol: ), I have made it possible for Tipsters to settle their own tips with a list of rules/instructions if anyone would like to try... Kalatari or Dynamite??

KT, yours are very easy at the mo! ;)
Brian
Site Admin

Suggestions.

Postby Dynamite21 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:52 pm

BRIAN GET YOUR OWN STYLE!

I just do it to stop myself NODDING off.

8-) D21
Last edited by Dynamite21 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dynamite21

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm

LOL :D
Brian
Site Admin

Next

Return to Board Rules, Announcements and Suggestions