FollowThePros Tipster Portfolio

Please have a read of the rules of the board before posting and feel frre to submit your siggestions.

FollowThePros Tipster Portfolio

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:36 pm

I've already posted about this on the Tipster Table News section but wanted to make sure everyone saw it. Please add your thoughts, ideas for improvement and even suggest new tipsters who you might make the 'FollowThePros' grade!

The eagle-eyed of you may have noticed a new tipster profile 'FollowthePros' appearing in the monthly and overall tipster tables. This profile is something we are trialling as a complete tips portfolio service and is something we are very excited about.

The portfolio contains tips from various proven tipsters from the Racing post, At the Races and Sporting Life and other professional tipsters from the web who have performed well historically. Some lesser known tipsters may be trialled now and then too. We apply some of our strict criteria to make sure the odds are sufficient to back and that we don't have too many running for us in any one race. We may cut underperforming tipsters and trial new ones from time to time.

It's very early days but the profits have been very encouraging so far, especially considering the fact that results were even better the week before we officially started recording.

There are a lot of tips to place but we aim to get them uploaded at 10pm and 10am so there should only be 2 times per day that you will need to place. As with our other tipster profiles, subscribers also have access to the feed for use in betsender and bfbot manager. Obviously, you don't get Best Odds Guaranteed using this but results have been good using betfair too thus far and we hope to have some data for comparison at the end of the month.

The tips aren't on the tips board as we don't want to clutter it and the profile isn't part of the competition itself in terms of being eligible for prizes. This is why there is no reasoning for the tips is permitted.

If you do want to follow the profile you can do so here: http://www.bettingtools.co.uk/tipster-t ... ThePro/409 but please remember that this is a trial, profits are by no means a guarantee and stakes must be kept small.

We hope that by getting the best tips from around the net will save people time from having to visit all the different sites.

A lot of people have asked how best to use the tipsters on our own board and whether you can be following too many tipsters. With this profile, we aim to show that betting small with a big turnover is key and that you can never have too many quality tipsters in your profile.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: FollowThePros Tipster Portfolio

Postby softie » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:18 am

Hi Brian
Like this approach, i think it has huge potential. Personally, with the amount of tips involved, trying to replicate results using BOG bookies is somewhat unwieldy, and sadly, i can no longer place bets with many bookies anyway.
What i do like is the Betsender innovation, where bets can be loaded on a set and forget basis, but do you have any idea on the results for BSP prices at all, even during the trial period?

Cheers

Colin

softie

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback Colin.

It can be difficult getting the bets on especially if you are banned (!) but getting the best odds from a handful of bookies is undoubtedly the best way to do this.

I was using betsender for the first few days and although I was in profit I became frustrated that I wasn't getting as good results as I should have been. I wasn't taking Betfair SP though and my stakes were less than £10 so it was difficult to know what the difference was exactly. I think commission for me is 4.8% at the moment.

I have loaded up betsender again today though, in simulation mode for £10 and to take betfair SP. I will post a reply to this thread tonight to show the exact comparison for today.

For those that aren't banned from bookmakers, I recommend logging in to oodschecker, using goggle chrome as your browser as you can bet directly with the bookies of your choice very quickly. In total it takes 15 - 30 mins per day for me at the moment.

At present the bets placed at 5/1 or lower are not showing a profit overall and with these accounting for around 30% of the bets, it's looking like removing tips at these ranges would benefit the portfolio. It is still early days however.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby softie » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:23 am

See if we can compare notes here Brian. Thursday went well for Betfair sp for me but Friday seemed to lag behind BOG and sustained a higher loss.
Volatilty is obviously going to play a part here, and although still very early days, i may look to isolate Irish racing - probably for no other other reason than i find Dundalk in particular, a bit of a lottery! :shock:

softie

Postby Brian » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi Colin,

I've had some PC problems on Thurs and Friday but I did manage to compare again like for like yesterday and what you've found matches my findings so far.

Backing £10 win only on every FollowThePros tip with the bookies yielded £454.25 profit. Using the betfair simulator in betsender this same strategy at betfair start price would have given £335.30 profit. Quite a difference. I think commission plays a big part and it would be closer if you can turnover lots to get your commission down. The simulation works off 5% and my own rate is a bit lower.

I think there are days when huge outsiders land that will claw some back for the betsender strategy but I don't expect it to be as profitable as backing with the bookies.

I do think it's still very profitable though and a combination of increasing stakes and getting commission down should allow for more similar returns.

We have also just cut an under performing tipster after a decent sample size of bets, that are normally lower priced selections so backing with the bookies won't be as time consuming.

I will keep the betsender simulation going so we can compare further but overall, with well over 1000 units profit in just over a week, this strategy s looking very promising.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Barely anything between the two approaches today and both about broke even:

-£3.84 for Betsender
-£1.75 for win only on the site
Brian
Site Admin

Postby softie » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks Brian. Yes, pretty much concur with your findings and agree that betting with BOG bookies is best, although still a tidy profit doing it through Betsender.
It will be interesting to see how the shorter priced flat selections perform once we get into the season a little more, as i always feel that April can throw up some less predictable results.

Plenty to go at again today so fingers crossed!

softie

Postby Brian » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:03 am

Poor day for betsender yesterday with a loss of 277.86 made. Only -95 with the bookies I think...

I need to check the calculations and assuming it's correct see what made the difference.
Brian
Site Admin

Return to Board Rules, Announcements and Suggestions