Increasing prize funds

Please have a read of the rules of the board before posting and feel frre to submit your siggestions.

Would you be interested in contributing to a bigger prize pot?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 5

Increasing prize funds

Postby Brian » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:36 pm

As you all know by now, it's been a big frustration of mine that I've been unable to increase the tipster prizes for a while what with having so many costs to shell out for on a monthly basis now. The idea was to give people the chance to become premium tipsters but building up your record and reputation takes time and we can't be making everyone premium tipsters just like that.

So in the meantime, I wondered whether anybody would be interested in playing for bigger prizes by putting a small amount into a separate pot each month? Those who don't want to have a chance to win this can still play for the current prizes but those who put in the pot have the chance to win more. If none of the top 5 were people who put into the pot, then the pot prizes would move down to the highest placed person who did. We could even add a different colour for the tipsters in the table who have put into the pot.

Each month the pot would potentially be different depending on how many put in... it could be quite exciting!

Would be great to hear some thoughts and who'd be interested in this and thus I've created a poll! If this is a go-er I will do another poll with some options for pot amounts.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Increasing prize funds

Postby BettorValue » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:07 am

I think this is a great idea Brian. How would it work?

Perhaps you could have a page where tipsters can go and setup a subscription via paypal, something like £x amount a month? With only those who subscribed by the end of each month being eligible for next month?

Very workable, and interesting concept. I would certainly participate in this and have voted yes.

Would it be a 'winner takes all', or would you spread it across the places also?

How much are you thinking per month?

This could be something to get 2016 off with a bang! It will certainly get the attention of a lot of good tipsters, and will see a considerable improvement in the quality of the tips also I think. When you are playing for decent prize pot the homework gets done a lot more :).

Exciting times ahead, nice one!
BettorValue

Postby Eagle Eyes » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 am

Great Suggestion, i'm in!

Eagle Eyes

Postby Mully » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:38 pm

I'd go along with it as long as it's not too expensive. Seen one or two tipster games around charging £10 an entry and they don't appear to get the entrants/players.

Mully

Postby Tracy2014 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Sounds like a good idea Brian. I have voted. :D
Tracy2014

Postby Brian » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks for the votes and interest shown so far. It will indeed be set up via paypal BV and super easy to opt in or opt out of. Like I said I would put those tipsters names who have entered the pot in a different colour to make it easy to see who can win the pot.

I had £10 in my head so we could get as many as possible involved but if only a handful are keen and they want to go bigger then that would be fine also. Again if numbers are small I think a winner takes all approach would be best but if lots want to play then we can do a runner up and possibly a third place too. I like winner takes all to be perfectly honest as it's more exciting!

Let me know your thoughts on amounts too please and hopefully we can get something set up for January.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby BettorValue » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:51 pm

I think £10 is a bit low Brian, how about £25 a month? Even with just 4 tipsters or thereabouts in, that's still a £100 potential win, which would be nice to be chasing each month (assuming it's winner takes all?).

And chances are the numbers will increase as we go along once others see the potential pot up for grabs.

I am guessing this is a separate competition to the tipping board? With a separate performance box? Could be a good idea to do that, will promote it to other tipsters as well who will be curious I bet.

How will it work? Will the top tipster of those in this be just playing against each other? Highest profit for the month wins, and if no one's in profit at the end of the month we have a rollover?

Really like the concept mate! Hope you run with it.
BettorValue

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks BV, thinking about this some more, I do think £25 would be ideal as we will only need a few to get a decent sized pot and I'm in favour of winner takes all myself.

I will be entering myself too so we should have enough to get this started in Jan. I will create a separate table and will also add a different colour in the main tables for those who have paid into the pot so it makes it easy.

Rollover is a superb suggestion and would make it very exciting... should be great! The only pitfall I can see is people hitting a big winner and avoiding tipping for the rest of the month. Obviously people can do that now but with more money up for grabs it makes it more likely. I do have something in the rules stating that tactical tipping like this won't be tolerated but we will need to re-emphasise this I think.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Arwel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:41 pm

Excellent idea! I'm in. :D
Arwel

Postby Brian » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Nice one Arwel! I think £25 seems like a reasonable amount to go with and we only need 4 for a pot of £100.

So far Eagle, BV and Arwel have confirmed and those along with myself make it 4 which should be enough for the trial in January. Obviously we'd like more and so if you are interested please reply to this thread or let me know via email. I will also send to all active tipsters by email too incase they haven't seen this.

I will created the paypal button in the next week and we could also look at a lower pot for the other sports if people are interested in that.
Brian
Site Admin

Next

Return to Board Rules, Announcements and Suggestions