Tip Reasoning

Please have a read of the rules of the board before posting and feel frre to submit your siggestions.

Tip Reasoning

Postby Brian » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:24 pm

From Monday the 9th of November all tips will require at least one piece of solid reasoning for a selection being value. I think this should solve the problem of people guessing but not only that give us an insight into the thinking of the tipsters themselves and encourage more debate and engagement. All this should improve the quality of the tips and further build our growing community. I also plan to have the reasons sent in the email alerts for premium tipsters.

I will email tipsters just to make sure they know about this but thank you all very much for welcoming this change and to those who are putting in the effort to do this already.

The addition of 'number of page views' (counted once per unique person) will also make it easier to determine who has put in the most effort and I can reward these people better too :)
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Tip Reasoning

Postby Tracy2014 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:22 pm

The click counter won't show who's put the most effort in though, it will just show that people are reading the comments. You won't know if the reasoning is good or rubbish until you read it and by then it's already been click counted anyway.
Tracy2014

Postby Tracy2014 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:22 pm

And the people with the most followers are likely to get the most clicks whether their reasoning is good or not.
Tracy2014

Postby Brian » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Not completely true Tracy because those with the most followers/profits, people will bet on these blindly without reading the reasons. Also if some really good, decent length content is posted it gets found on Google by all the people looking to bet on the race mentioned.

You can reach a lot more people this way who don't visit the site regularly already by writing some brilliant write up than you could by just being a profitable tipster who adds one line each time.

Basically Google is the main judge of how good your reasons are and if they think they are good they send you lots of visitors directly to that page! Does that make sense?
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Tracy2014 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Ahhh yes it does Brian. I was wondering if I had missed something! Cheers :-)
Tracy2014

Postby superted » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:41 am

I stopped giving reasoning on my tips due to it making me look daft at times when you gave what you thought was a good reason and next minute it gets battered :x :x :lol: :lol:

superted

Postby Junior » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:37 pm

I agree with Tracy, Brian. The click counter won't show who is put the most effort. Always the tips from big countries like France, England or Spain will have always more views. The people search tips from big leagues not from smaller divisions.

Junior

Postby Brian » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:55 pm

It is a fair point but this is only one of the indicators I am looking at. I also look at number of words written too so prizes are allocated based on them both. Some tipsters give average reasoning but post tweets about their tips too and this gets a lot of views for example.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Johnmcghee90 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:52 pm

I don't mind having my tips deleted for no reasoning as I didn't realise but Pricewise is also doing the same as me and I hope this is dealt with too. Can't have rules for some tipsters and not the others. One rule for all.

Johnmcghee90

Postby Tracy2014 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Pricewise is a professional tipster from the Racing Post. He doesn't actually post on here personally. We list his tips to track how well he's doing overall and for people to follow, just like other pro tipsters that we follow ie Templegate, Andy Holding etc and they obviously are not in the competition or eligible for prizes.
Tracy2014

Return to Board Rules, Announcements and Suggestions