come on pacman

Discuss all football from Premier League to US soccer here.

come on pacman

Postby Rhinoceros1980 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:45 am

I hope he wins but i dont think he will. 6 years ago i think he would of put mayweathers fuse out but mayweather has waited for pacman to be in plenty of wars before they fight. Mayweather will be defensive and boring as usual but will win on points i reckon. Im not gonna buy it as dont think its worth the hype. There are better fighters out there now like golovkin. Pacman in his prime was a sight to behold very exciting, would rather be in a tear up and lose than box negatively and win. No doubt the ref will be mayweathers friend as usual, it will prob be joe cortez if that bent bastard is still around lol.

Rhinoceros1980

Re: come on pacman

Postby Sargent M » Fri May 01, 2015 10:54 am

I've had a bet on the draw, the only odds with any real value. A rarity in boxing, hence why I've kept the stakes small. However just got that feeling, we all know Mayweather puts money first and a draw and a multi million $ rematch would suit him down to the ground, still undefeated and even more money in the bank. The tv company's and venue again would make millions from a rematch and if the hypes over the top now imagine what it would be for a rematch. The floor to this feeling is Manny, cant see him wanting a rematch, he'll want to win it first time round. I've seen many dodgy results over the years watching boxing and think the draw on this one represents some value in the betting marks, especially with almost everyone set to win with a rematch. The bookies seem to see have the same idea, with the draw bet usually a minimum of 25/1 is available on any given boxing match but most are only offering 16s and some even less. In my opinion still worth a small bet.
"Lochsong - she's like Linford Christie ... without the lunchbox."
Frankie Dettori (1994)

Sargent M

Postby Tracy2014 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:29 am

Well you've sold it to me Sarge! Got to be worth a quid at 20/1 lol and BetVictor are refunding all losing bets up to £10 if either boxer gets knocked out. Does that mean that they expect it to go the distance?
Tracy2014

Postby Tracy2014 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:34 am

But read T+C's. Money back is refunded as promo cash and TKO's don't count.
Tracy2014

Postby Sargent M » Fri May 01, 2015 12:11 pm

The betting suggests it will go the distance and in my opinion "if" there is a stoppage it will come in the late rounds 10-12 but cant really see it myself.
Frankie Dettori (1994)

Sargent M

Postby Rhinoceros1980 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:18 pm

If its close and controversial there will be a rematch. You dont need a draw for that. We might just have 4 fights like manny and marquez. Id like to see mayweather and golovkin at a catch weight. Gayweather would get killed. Good luck with the draw

Rhinoceros1980

Postby Brian » Fri May 01, 2015 12:21 pm

I also think the draw is the best value and the fact that it is a lot shorter than usual does indeed speak volumes.

Mayweather won't look to knock pac out and doesn't knock out many people these days (2 in his last 12 fights). Pac has power but he's a lot smaller than Mayweather who is also a very clever boxer.

What I can see happening is Pacquiao being the busier of the two fighters however and splitting opinion. Mayweather will expect to win on the cards with his rarely getting hit swagger but a judge or two might appreciate Pacquiao's industrious efforts. Mayweather also rubs some people up the wrong way and could influence the judges opinion slightly.

The BetVictor offer sounds great, are they definitely offering 20/1 Tracy? I thought best price was 17/1 with Boyles?
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Fri May 01, 2015 12:22 pm

If its close and controversial there will be a rematch. You dont need a draw for that. We might just have 4 fights like manny and marquez. Id like to see mayweather and golovkin at a catch weight. Gayweather would get killed. Good luck with the draw

Agreed, GGG is simply awesome. I think Froch should try his luck with him tbh.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Sargent M » Sun May 03, 2015 6:15 am

All that hype for a fight that in the end was a let down for the fans. Gotta respect Mayweather, yes it was a boring fight but he did exactly what he had to and won it easily in the end. Manny never really got into the fight and couldn't change his style to get through Mayweathers defence. Mayweather didn't allow Manny to get into the fight, he controlled the pace and dominated on points, always looked like going the distance and always looked like it was gonna be Mayweathers. Mayweathers class showed through, cant take nothing away from him did what he had to and remains unbeaten, just not worth staying up for.
Frankie Dettori (1994)

Sargent M

Postby Rhinoceros1980 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:07 pm

All of mayweathers fights are boring. I buy quite a lot of pay per view but would never pay to watch him. I see manny is claiming injury this morning. I woke up at 5am to check result and realised it had only just started so listened to it on bbc radio. It came across as a shit fight. Mayweather doing his usual of knicking the rounds. He was getting a lot of boos. Just need to find someone with the style to beat him, if they are out there. Maybe it could be khan for his next fight

Rhinoceros1980

Next

Return to Football, Tennis and other sports