In play, odds on betting

Discuss all football from Premier League to US soccer here.

In play, odds on betting

Postby Rhinoceros1980 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Anyone partial to this? I have been doing this for years every so often. Easy money to be made, but some tough beats too. You can find some really good prices at all different stages of the matches.

Rhinoceros1980

Re: In play, odds on betting

Postby thewolf » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:11 pm

I expect most have done a few in plays before. Never really looked at a strategy before but could be interesting. What sort of things do u look out for?

thewolf

Postby Brian » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:18 am

Tennis is obviously excellent for trading due to the odds fluctuations but the value is usually found laying low odds. I guess it could be possible to back low odds in play and let run and still make a good profit. Although I would think there are better sports for this.

The key I think is to spot a winner before anyone else has and with Courtsiders more present than ever, this is difficult! I would think the best method would be do back a weak favourite or a underdog who looks certain to win possibly because the favourite isn't at his/her best or look disinterested.

If you did it on strong favs and they get off to a good start then the market tends to go lower than it should because it reinforces the opinion of the market.

I fancied Hull to get at least a draw last night against Liverpool but knew it would be tight. When they went 1 nil up though you would still have got good value on them or the draw no bet market despite Liverpool's poor form and goals record. Another one that stands out for me is when Froch was an underdog against Lucian Bute in the boxing. It was obvious from the first 30 seconds who was going to win that fight and it took the market a little time to adjust. This is where I think the best value can be found in play.

I remember 2 guys who stuck £100 each in and went all in on this type of approach mainly on Cricket and odds tended to be around 1.2 -1.4. I think they got up to around £10k but eventually blew the lot! So it can work but going all in is not advised obviously.

You may think you can eek out a small % at 1.0x but you probably won't win long term and it'll be both tedious and painful when you come unstuck. You'd have to be turning over many, many thousands to even make it worthwhile at those odds too.

Would be great to see someone try this out and record there progress on this forum perhaps.
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Rhinoceros1980 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:40 pm

i wait until someone is maybe a break up or maybe a set up or maybe a set and a break up and then I put a big bet on them. Obviously I will look at the players involved and the value. I remember a couple of years ago one of the tabloid newspapers doing a story on a guy that was punting like 50k on nadal and djokovic games when they were 1/50 etc. I forget what they called him now something like odds on man lol

Rhinoceros1980

Postby Brian » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Ah yes, I remember that too... 'Dead Cert Man' was his name! Blew a lot of it on Djokovic to beat Federer though I believe.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dead-cert-man-racks-up-131771
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Rhinoceros1980 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Haha oh yeah dead cert man. Was that you Brian? Anyway Tipsarevic let me down today after being a break up in the final set

Rhinoceros1980

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 am

Haha, nope... I am not that brave/stupid.

Widely known as Janko 'Fixarevic', backing him at low odds is not recommended Jack!
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Rhinoceros1980 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:15 pm

I was on Murray today and backed him again tomorrow

Rhinoceros1980

Return to Football, Tennis and other sports